Sign in to follow this  
roguedog

Gigabyte 7vrxp ..best Heat Sink?

Have purchased a gigabyte 7vrxp mobo and am now in search of a heatsink and fan for a yet to be purchased AMD cpu.

Was going to purchase an alpha pal8045 but read that it might not fit on this board.

anyone have suggestions? i'd like to balance performance and noise. i don't want an f14 but i do want to have very good cooling... oh and it'd be nice if it didn't become obsolete too fast.

tks much

rd

What my main recommendation would be sounds more like a C-130 than an F14. :P

Oh well, guess the Swifty

hi mongoose,

thanks for the link. the only reason why i think so is that there is a link on alpha's site that gives a list of mb's that don't fit with the alpha. pretty cool actually.

and the actual verbiage is not that it won't fit but that you **might** have cut a corner off or something like that... so i didnt really want to fool with ...uh cutting corners.. and was looking for feedback from other folks that may have suggestions.

rd

If a big . Volcano 9 will fit on that mobo, just about ANYTHING will. If you're worried about sound and want excellent cooling, you could always go the water cooling route. ;)

get a volcano 9 and use the variable cooling. That way it will only be loud when your cpu needs alot of cooling. Besides the noise isnt too bad, its just a nice white noise, its quite relaxing once you get used to it.