Sign in to follow this  
Vic Mackey

Computer Died

ok this is really getting frustrating. i posted a while back about my hard drive failing and i thought i got it fixed with a new HD from WD. its been months and it just happened again! in fact it happened the day halflife 2 came out(that figures).

usually i was able to reformat and reinstall and now it says that it can not delete the OS partition(i have only 1 partition, the whole drive). when i try to reinstall OS over top of old it gives me the blue screen of death and a STOP command and a bunch of errors. it was working PERFECTLY that morning.

i played hl2 for about 3 hours straight with NO problems. it shut down with no errors. when i got back home from work and booted up it gave me the same error i got months ago... the windows/system folder was corrupt or deleted. please try to repair using winxp cd blah blah blah.

i dont have any idea how to use that recovery console. What could the problem be??? i cant believe that a second WD drive is bad. i have a soyo mobo could the sata controller be bad? or is the mobo damaged? its like information is getting lost somehow and i dont know why. i unhooked and reconnected the wires to make sure they are tight and now the computer isnt even turning on. please help me fix this!

what do u mean u cant delete the partition?

the setup utility runs off the BIOS does it not?

anyways. try another motherboard. Soyos are worthless

when i put in the winxp cd and then hit f6 to install sata drivers, after that it gives me and option to delete the partition that windows is on. so i tried to do that and thats when it came back and said that it could not delete the partition. ive never had it say that before. i was always able to delete it, hit continue, and then format and install winxp. im using sp2 if that makes a difference.

yea i regret getting a soyo board but i did it cause it was a combo mobo/case offer. was just trying to save some money. do you think the mobo is bad?

cause when i reconnected all the wires it wont even turn on. like theres no power but everything is plugged in

-Ovega-

thanks for the tip ill try that tonight when i get home. so if it still doesnt work does that mean that the mobo is bad?

Edited by Vic Mackey