Sign in to follow this  
d3bruts1d

Official Half-Life 2 Discussion Thread

This game is just amzing, but I do have 1 gripe about the silver package

HL1:S is just that half life one, with new water and physics, same textures, same models, its still fun to pin someone against the wall with the crossbow i was hoping for maybe a bit more of a facelift, oh well, i mainly got silver for DoD:S

yeah i heard hl:s was a let down, but valve never said they were going to make new anything... they just said they were going to port it into Source. DoD on the other hand is susposed to have new textures, graphics, and everything, including being ported to source. With HL2, i don' think i'll ever play hl/hl:s again though :)

oh well, you pay $60 and get a mess of games. i honestly doubt ill ever have to buy a new game in a long time. i mean, hl1 has been out for nearly +10 years and ppl still play it.

has anyone been able to kill pigeons? I Pwned a crow...even it had ragdoll physics... :lol:

yeah, that was fun actually.

The best was one of those human saw things got lodged under a sewar grate that fell on top of it, and it couldnt get out. It was sweet. Ive never seen anythiing like that in a game before, with that much realism

has anyone been able to kill pigeons? I Pwned a crow...even it had ragdoll physics...  :lol:

I imagine, but I didn't notice any pigeons. However, I did club a seagull with my crowbar. When I play through it again, I'm going to have to pay more attention to all of the details.

I haven't had this much fun with a game since the original. Too bad that now I'm far better at FPSs as HL1 was my first FPS game: it took me two weeks to get through HL1 the first time. It created the illusion of a far bigger game.

I just picked up the game yesterday, the install was easy and the steam unlocking was a ######. My dial up struggled so hard on unlocking the HL2 files and also updating took ages. The whole process took 2 hours. The game is VERY good though. I want the gravity gun asap :P