I Got An Issue

smeghead009

okay so my room-mates coumputer is a piece and he took it apart to clean it out and now we are having a problem, when you turn it on it comes up all the fans click on and then about 5 seconds later it kicks off and then nothing i did just upgrade him from a 2.0 celly to a 2.4ghz celeron it didnt do it with the 2.0 but now its doing it with the 2.4 is it the power supply ?

hes got 512 of ddr 2100

a soyo P4I Fire drgon mobo

a 120 gig WD 8mb

a Geforce FX5600 256mb

about 9 fans and a cathode

and a 300watt generic PS

gimmie some ideas cuz hes angry and givin me that look :ph34r:

Check all the connections, if you crossed somethign a capacitor could be charging and then cutting the power, Also double check that it's not in contact with the back of the case, or anywhere else that may be grounding or shorting it... Jsut eb therough

check stuff like exposed pcb shorting on the case... my el cheapo fan controller has the pcb exposed on the bottom and it can very easily short out on the front panel of the case...

300W generic? can you swap in a psu that isn't pure dog ship to see if it IS the psu? might be that...

im pretty sure its the PS so hes gonna buy a new one with my awsome Resellers license thingy so it will be cheap, today i built a whole system with an 80gig WD, 256mb of 2700 and a 2.4 celeron for a whole 275$

EDIT: shameless plug if you need any parts you can email me at smeghead009

@homail.com and ill hook you up, and thanks for shopping with Rebel Computers (my bussiness) lol

Edited by smeghead009