Sign in to follow this  
Newport

Amazing Find In My House!

I was doing a little bit of cleaning in my attic earlier today when i stumbled upon the most awesome find ever! I found like 7 boxes full of records... 45s, 75s, 33,s and many more! Were talking about at least a 500 records covering everything from Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole, to Led Zeppelin, to the Beatles White alblum, to all the Rolling Stones Alblums that i know of, Jimmy Hyndrix, to Buckingham Nicks, to Skynyrd... EVERYTHING! And just when i thought i was done, I stumbled upon another box... it had a ventage 1920s AM/record player! IT WORKS! I am listening to an old band called Fats Domino... Earlier i was listening to some VERY old gospel music and after that, Route 66 performed by Frank Sinatra! I am so amazed right now i cant even begin to start... I can only imagine how much this is all worth... Even if the records are worth 5 cents each, i could get some major bucks off of it... However, i really dont wanna see this stuff. I am really enjoying it soooooo much! :)

Take a look at the 3 pics i just took...

my grandpa has a radio like that. we also have a record player in our living room. :)

I am listening to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club now! OMFG THIS IS SO AWESOME! Just listening to this music with the crackle of the record is enough to put me to sleep... This for sure beats ANY kind of modern music!

That's a pretty good find. Don't know if I would play them too much though. That vinyl is probably pretty worn already and that old record player probably isn't helping matters. Oh and Fats Domino is not a band it is one man. He is one of the greatest blue's guitarist ever.

This Vinyl is in excellent shape and the diamond on the player looks fairly unused...

How am i supposed to back them up anyway?

And yea my mom told me about Fats Domino... He maybe be a soloist but hes gotta have a band to play on.. hehe! w00t!

ur gonna hafta rig an output from a record player to the input of your puter - then use the media recorder to record the files to wav or mp3..... dude your sitting ona GOLD MINE!!!!!! some of those records are worth hundreds if not THOUSANDS!!! DONT PLAY THEM!!!!!!!!!! oh man - do a search on ebay for all the records that you have found and i betcha if you are lookin to score some cash - thats the way to do it - or you could always just listen to them - put them back away somewhere and just sit on them for a few dozen more decades LOL

edit:

i dont think they used diamond stylus's back when that thing was made..... but either way - if the stylus is in excellent condition you may still have yourself a goldmine....... DONT RECONDITION IT!!!

Run a line out from the record player to the line in on your pc. Then use your gave recording app and have fun. :D

Very nice find BTW.

I am listening to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club now! OMFG THIS IS SO AWESOME! Just listening to this music with the crackle of the record is enough to put me to sleep... This for sure beats ANY kind of modern music!

Amen

Those are some beautiful finds... Ever consider "making" a new case? J/K** :P

**Seriously though, if you ever wanna find another use for it, I think creating a new rig inside the radio would be badass ;)

wow Newport... that's f'n ace mate! :)

you'd be surprised how much vinyl costs... i buy 12" records cos i'm a dj (sometimes lol) and i usually pay about $9 for a new record... sometimes as low as $2 for an old/unhead of tune, but sometimes as much as $20 for a rare/old record...

if some of the more well-known or rare stuff is in good condition, you SERIOUSLY could have found the hidden treasure!

ARRRR me hearties! :lol: