Iceberg 1 Watercooler Updated

Bosco

I know this is a fairly old review..

But i got my Iceberg about a week ago

and im personally running at 30C idle.. i added this stuff called "hy-per lube super coolant" to it, and i modified it so my radiator is on the top 5.25 bay..

I dont see any cracks, but im really keeping my eyes open..

So far all i can say is I love it.. 100 bucks, and im getting 30C temps..

I just want to tell you guys

When i put my fan on(i know this sounds retarded) but i put it on so the sticker on the center was pointing out..

You want it pointing in.. so it pushes cold air into the rad

Hope this might help people a little.. and all these res's cracking is after a few months..

so who knows..

Goodluck with your water cooling

Hukka

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest matrax

yeah i have a server running here its a p4 2ghz @ 2.6 1.75 Vcore

using an iceberg 31 idle and 36 full load

i like those temps

after all its just 100$ <_<

I've got one of these and am looking at installing it. But I realy don't see any advantage over my 36c from my SLiK-800 w/Volcano 9 fan@4326rpm setup. Anyway after reading these posts I think the best thing to do is to tap the plastic tank holes with either a 4-40 or a 8-32 tap and then use the related screws coated with vaseline (an old trick). Taps and screws available at most hobby shops (r/c aircraft hardware experience). Then, yes, neatly apply a fine bead of silicone. This should do the trick. And let's slow down and not be so impatient to slap this together. Yer looking at a guy that's cracked more than his share of automotive and motorcycle plastic tail light lenses and moutings. Next: I do believe I'm going to mount the radiator above my CD-burner and DVD drive in the front of this Chieftec Dragon case. It test fits nicely. And then as recommended to me by an ol' boy from the sticks in Minnesota the other guys, I plan on using two fans. The stock one mounted in back drawing and another one in front pushing. Should help a bit. Now this guy is using an aquarium for a reservoir. I don't plan on getting that radical just yet. We'll keep an eye on the internal tank and see how that goes for a while. So, now before I begin this, my question is just whaty will I really gain for my efforts? Maybe a just a tad cooler and a tad quieter, eh? Well, by golly I quess, we'll just have to see won't we?

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I am currently discuting with 3R Systems in Korea themselves.

They are saying they are aware of this problem and just had it with a single korean customer.

Since I have lost my motherboard and I am very unhappy, I searched and we are many now to share the same problem.

I hope 3R systems will realize they have a real problem and will try to deal for a solving instead of closing their eyes saying everything's all right.

I am in touch with the EEC since a company not assuming its responsabilities on hidden defect could have its product barred at customers if they dont respect some strict rules.

This EEC department is currently testing the tank and currently agrees with the fact there is a real problem.

If they confirm and 3Rsystems keeps not assuming their responsabilities, products using that watercooling kit will be barred EEC market, this should make them think twice. Of course, it will take a few months for this to be applied, but after that 3Rsystems will have to demonstrate their professionalism to enter EEC market with new products.

well.... it's going on three months now and my iceberg is still running flawlessly... no cracks, no leaks... i'm still a happy camper... best $100 i've spent in a while......john