Find That Crickett In My Computer!

RottenSoldier

Well thats what it sounds like.. I just got my computer back , after being deployed for a year in Iraq.. to be honest, I dont think it made that nose or maybe it did, lol... but it seems very annoying.

I did my checks on my computer, when I first heard that noise first thought oh crap my hard drive gone to crap. Well trying to narrow down the sounds in my pc.. disconnecting the fans, and play the PC still and still hear the noise, then I disconnect the HD, and I still hear that noise..... Could it be the processor? the Power supply ? or maybe the DVD or CDRW.... god... Im still trying to think the heck that sounds is coming from. Well I did notice there was a very few dust gahtered up in the fans, when blowing with your mouth , isnt a great idea and with a cold just makes it worse heh. ( Learn from lesson one hehe)

Well Im about to head to the store and get me one of does cans to clean out all the dust in my computer that had gathered up in the year I was gone.

Seeking help , from the shaolin monks from north, south, east and west, join forces to fight this evil.

well off I go, lalal

its a long sound, going like ~nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn~ lol hehe, well, I turn the fans off on my processor, CPU,case , Vid card.. but I still hear the sound still.... could the processor makes that sound alone? even with coolant fan on top turned off? .. my last guess is probably the CD's or the power supply .............

I learned this trick from my dad. If you take a screw driver and put the plastic end to your ear and touch the tip to the drives, it helps you to isolate where the sound is coming from. I wouldn't put it on a processor though, and I doubt the processor would be making a noise like that.

1 of many things.. 1 get a piece of fapaer and touch all your fan ok. if still whinning check if anyting is loose. and third if it still dosnt work... give it to me... jk jk uhh could be the cdrom???? or soemthing that is moving. just put a piece of paper. on every fan just touch it.

Disconnect EVERY drive, card, fan in the entire computer, just the mobo plugged in. Turn it on. Still makes a noise? Try can start the PS on its own. Disconnect it from EVERYTHING and connect pin 14 and 16 together (Black and green wires I think?) and the PSU should turn on, If the noise is gone, then the PSU is out, drives are out...It's something with the Mobo...Do you only hear it at specific times? or from the instant you turn your computer on?