Ahh, I Love Being Retarded :)

markiemrboo

My PSU and heatsink *originally for the other computer* arrived today.

First thing I do is try and fit this heatsink into the other computer, nice chunky Swiftech MCX462-V. Off comes the stock heatsink, on goes the Swiftech. Only just fit, kinda touching the PSU .. which is when it dawned on me, I have to then take that PSU out and put my old one in there, since it's quieter (and more powerful). No go! Oops! Off comes the Swiftech, on goes the stock :)

Now, seeing as I wanted to make use of it I decided to take my water cooling out again and put this thing in mine instead ( I know, why would anyone go from water to air? Well I am dumb :) ). It fits *cough, just.. it's touching my MCX-159 little baby northbridge version*! In goes the Enermax, swap my old one into the other pooter and all is well! My temps have gone up.. I dunno.. something around 10C from water, but it is actually quieter, less space.. and it's still stable, well.. folding hasn't naffed up yet anyhow. I think I am going to try find a 92mm-120mm adaptor and make use of one of my old 120mm fans if I can too, then I can stick this 92mm back in the side and hopefully get some more air into the case.

Now I just need to rethink the heatsink for the other computer, it's going to have to be a smaller 80mm type thing. The first two that come to mind are a TT SilentBoost or Vantec Aeroflow2? My friend has an Aeroflow 1 and as far as I remember it was reasonably quiet. Recommend me a quiet heatsink/fan which should be able to keep a 2400+ under 50C load, anyone? :) The stock AMD thing is louder than I thought!

</crappy story>

You're in the UK? The only decent things from it are the quick connects, the block ( I still like my Maze3 :rolleyes: ) and the radiator anyhow :P The pump works fine, makes faint clicking noises... the reservoir (bayres) I just don't like really, and it's got some white sealant around the barbs which probly makes it look even worse :D

Yeah. It was keeping my temperatures at 38C load, with a room temperature of 25C, 2500MHz... so... uh... I think it's still good enough. I'll look out for a silentboost I think. I heard those TMD fans screw up pretty quickly or something