Looking To Build An Amd Based Gaming Comp.

gmf2010

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I donno if this is just a computer for general gaming/computing but I doubt hes gonna need every single fricking part to be overclocable. Thats just going way overboard. And who really wants to overclock everything when it works just fine the way it is. If he has the need he can overclock but otherwise I doubt he wants every single top notch overclocking part

Dude, you attitude is way wrong. If it can't be OCed why buy it? Pushing parts far beyond spec is the name of the game. Who cares if an X800 XT pulls 12,800 3dmarks at stock speeds. I want to see a 6800NU do it! It doesn't matter if it works fine factory stock, I'm sure it does. But no computer is ever fast enough. They must be OCed!!

I think you are at the wrong website, bro. This is OVERCLOCKERS CLUB not STOCK COMPS ROCK! :D

Hey, TimeMachine, the clawhammers aren't known to OC well. It's the Newcastle and especially the Winchesters that OC well.

I agree, my clawhammer doesn't like to be past 2.3 without more than 1.6 volts. The advantage is that even a small increase adds quite a bit in benchmarks. 2 ghz of clawhammer is equal to 2.2 ghz of newcastle.

Still, go with nForce4 ultra or SLI and either a 3200+ or 3500+ s939.

I agree, my clawhammer doesn't like to be past 2.3 without more than 1.6 volts. The advantage is that even a small increase adds quite a bit in benchmarks. 2 ghz of clawhammer is equal to 2.2 ghz of newcastle.

Still, go with nForce4 ultra or SLI and either a 3200+ or 3500+ s939.

Can you back that up? That's the 1st time I've heard that.

nf4 with FX-55 and dual 6800Ultras..........drool....................

Winchester and Newcastle are out, which outdates the Sledgehammer core.

Clawhammer is a 754 design anyway and winchesters are much better overclockers.

Umm no, sledge and claws are always crazy oc'ers

Umm, no, do your research. Have you seen a sledge hit 2.7GHz? I don't think so.

"Athlon FX-53 @ 2.8ghz 4gb x800pro

Athlon FX-51 @ 3ghz 4gb x800 xt" - that was taken from Big Red's sig. If you don't believe him then I'm sorry. It's as if everyone just suddenly decided to be really wrong a lot of the time. I've seen a bunch of bad advice in this thread, maybe I'm just not getting something.

Do I have to back it up? What kind of question is that? AMD puts a s754 3200+ newcastle at 2.2 ghz while a s754 3200+ clawhammer is clocked at 2 ghz. This obviously means that the clawhammer has a 10% advantage over the newcastle. Why do you think fx's are hammers and not newcastles. The fx-55 is the most powerful AMD cpu and it's a clawhammer at 2.6. The fastest newcastle is at 2.4. AMD spends a lot of money to be right.

Can everyone afford an FX? No. We are not making an FX system here, we are making an Athlon 64 system. 754 is going out the door, 939 is coming in and thats the way things are.

The nForce4 is PCI-E and only benefits the 6800 SLi's, not the X800's. Whats the point of moving to it unless you want SLi? Its made for their own technology only and it is not really a benefit with a single PCI-E card.

I didn't ask you to back up your claim on the FX as its not a cost effective processor for home use, GregP did.

Edited by FxXP