Mod Project Of The Season

Weee.....i've had my eye on this case, and after seeing kobalt's last mod thread, i couldn't just let it sit there.

Here's the case to start out with.

1.jpg

It's got a good look to it. I like how it has to door on the front.

Here's a picture of all the sides/bezel/top taken off.

3.jpg

The actual steel is kind of flemzy, but it's no big deal. I'm glad it's light-weight.

Here's a picture.....in all it's DESTRUCTIVE glory *evil grin*. I took it apart for painting purposes.

5.jpg

I'm still trying to decide which colours to go with. Thinkin about going with a red-raspberry colour for the chassis, and a glossy black outside. Whaddaya think?

I plan on putting a turbine mod in the front, and a 120mm fan blowhole at the top. The only thing that bothers me is that in order to get rear fans, i'll have to work at it some. If ye look at the 3rd picture, you can see that it's kindof offset in the rear. I'll take some work, but i think i can get it done.

Sooo....i need yer suggestions please on:

Colours

What to do about the rear fans

Yay or nay on the turbine mod

Cheers :D

UPDATE: 11/7

got some more pictures

42.jpg

44.jpg

UPDATE 11/8

painted the side window and also increased it's size. i also painted the psu cross...brace...thingie. i also cut the blowhole in the top today.

45.jpg

46.jpg

just need to add the plexi, and all will be good ^__^

[uPDATE = 11/10/04]

just added plexi, and waxed it completely.

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

almost fin....i need to put the holes for the fans on the side panel. after that, i should be done!

Edited by airman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glossy black outside, then flat black inside for interior except for the drive cages and cross-bracing which should be a bold glossy red :)

surely you can fit at least 2x 80mm fans in the space over the I/O mobo plate hole?

what turbine mod? like, what is it?

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=35607

that's a turbine mod. and btw general, i've planned on this for longer than you probably had ;)

i WILL have the 2x80mm fans, but i'll have to bend a couple of things :D not to worry tho.

but about the FLAT black? why would one want a flat black colour? grosssss :D lol i can't really picture it tho *shrug*

Glossy red and flat black would look vampire like Hummm!! the possibilities gargoyles,fangs etc. :rolleyes:

Not too much red though <_< drive cage, mobo rack

EDIT :QUOTE :but about the FLAT black? why would one want a flat black colour? grosssss lol i can't really picture it tho *shrug*

I think it speaks for itself :lol: and on there it looks grey here it looks deep velvet black, :P i love it loll

I,m getting dizzy with the paint smell loll :D

CM.jpg

Edited by kobalt

but it needs to be SHINNNNYYY

don' ya think? i guess flat black would be easier to work with tho *shrug*

man... glossy black OUTSIDE, flat black INSIDE... flat so it doesn't reflect much... i'd want it pure black-hole black, not grey...

basically, it'd be for the lighting, so the lights light up your hardware, not the inside faces of your case :)