I Need A New Game

CompXT

seriously dude, i've got a crappy ~200kbps connection in student accomodation (halls) that times out and has rubbish pings... i'm SO looking forward to Half Life 2 since i can't play UT2004 in my clan anymore :(

so yay for single player offline games!

i might install Half Life (the original) while i'm waiting, heh heh... if you like RPG's, Dungeon Siege is pretty cool, and there's an expansion pack for that now, but i can't remember what it's called... meh

Max Payne 1 and 2 are fun, although you can complete them fairly fast (relatively of course)

Splinter Cell 1 is a lot of fun, the 2nd one is a bit too hold-your-hand-and-guide-you for my liking...

Need For Speed Underground 2 is out later this month also

awww....pooor nrg! i've only got 10 megabit in my uni halls!!!

and already i moan if it slows down to the speed of a 5mb line when it's busy! :lol:

i hear the new warhammer dawn of war rts is meant to be ok, and the sims2 (yuck) will provide some people with endless fun. if you're a fan, try Final Fantasy 8 - nice game, 70+hours if never played before and it'll keep u amused til HL2 / NFSU2 :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starcraft's 'a classic... I played probably about a total of 300 hours on my LAN w/ friends.. that WAS over like 5 years... but I'd never be into ANY single player game like I was that. World of Warcraft is addicting, but I've pratically out-grown that, after playing the alpha/beta for over a year. It's just about to come out, so check it out once you get DSL!

Like castles and medieval warfare? Google a game called Stronghold or Stronghold: Crusaders. Want some of my favorite less-known shareware games like Escape Velocity: Nova or Blades of Avernum, Exile III?

www.ambrosiasw.com

www.spiderwebsoftware.com