I Need A New Game

CompXT

I need something that has a big single player mode (56k just won't cut it for online play). It's going to be a while before we get DSL here and I'm getting bored. I bought Call of Duty and Legacy of Kain: Defiance off eBay the other day. Great games but they only lasted like 2 days each <_< I like RPG's, Action Adventure, Shooters, and maybe a few others. Anyone know some good games to buy with descent re-playability?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C&C Generals and Zero hour are very fun games, not quite as complicated as the rest of the series too. Lots of replayabiliy with generals challenges.

this is the only game i play single player on, farcry looked cool from what i saw, doom3 isnt very deep gameplay wise, and pretty easy if your an experienced FPS player.

sacred was a decent single player campaign, the multiplayer ruined the game for me.

max payne 2 had an awesome campaign, play the first of the series and then that if you havent already. short, but very fun.

I just happened to be looking at a Gothic II review when I checked this thread :D I've already played and beat Farcry, Painkiller, and a few others. Farcry was nice but Painkiller sucked....Bad.... I think I might try out Gothic since I still have the first one and it wasn't too bad.

if you want to spend a lot of time playing, and you like RPGs, Neverwinter Nights is pretty awesome. weeks worth of playing. then there's the expansion packs. then if you make it though all of that, there's all the user created modules that make it pretty much endless.

I just finished The Suffering pretty fricken crazy game. Took about 18-20 hrs. Game really scared the crap outta me at first 'cause you don't know what to expect. Also the endings change depending on if you act like a good guy or a bad dude. I liked it. it also had a pretty good story too. If you care about that sort of thing :P

Edited by allthatisman

yes the mechwarrior series is good - i have em all from mechwarrior 1 (yup 1) to all the current ones (even the mech packs from mektek) then theres always the never ending fun of postal 2 and postal 2 share the pain ^_^ the battlefield series is good - cause you can fake out your puter into thinking its a server and play an instant action type game with 63 bots going in a coop battle... if you like hard 3d shooter games and like alittle twist on things - try descent 3 - full 360 degree scrolling and its closely that of a flight sim first person shooter (gut wretching at times) and its cheap 10 bucks at walmart, ghost recon, the entire command and conquer series, serious sam series (its just fun to rampage heh), SIM THEME PARK OR SIM COASTER!!! Xiii, rise of nations, call of duty, moto gp, harbringer, raven shield, black hawk down, splinter cell, age of mythology.......

oh man i could go on for ever.... pick up a pc gaming mag at just about any grocery store and get a subscription - most the time you get great demo cd's - especially with Maximum PC ^_^