Sign in to follow this  
Freeder

Bad Dvd+/-r Blank Media

I was talking to a Frys salesman about Blank Dvds, and he said that using poor quality ones could result in not only your burner getting lame but also your mobo/system could too. I never heard this such crap before.... but could that be true?

He was particularly bashing the GQ brands.

Edited by Freeder

which fry's cuz im gonna go shoot that guy... (not literally) dvd media can affect mobo/systems hahahahhah

Its possable. The dvd could be just off balance unough to vibrate really bad but not shatter and it could vibrate the whole system shaking the motherboard to peices :blink:

Ok not really :bah:

yeah, or maybe they could disintegrate when they spin at high speeds and the powdered dvd material ignites and sets your computer on fire...

ok not really also :lol:

or it vibrates at the right frequecy to send out some ultrasonic noise, causing every dog within 50 miles to tear it apart.

Oh, let me guess you where looking at the least expensive media. I wonder how many people this guy has got to spend twice as much $ on stuff with that line.

hehe, some media with large cuts could shatter into thousands of pieces and damage your burner (not to mention you if you are not careful). Other than that, nothing could happen.

Don't you just hate salesmen.. well most of them anyway. This guy is just reinforcing a negative stereotype.

I bet it could happen, a 1/1,000,000 chance.

You DVD evplodes, fuxx0rs your DVD drive, and then your DVD Drive sends angry vibes to the motherboard, and the motherboard gets sad and decides it won't work anymore?