What Was Your First Computer?

CCCP

Mine was a blazing fast digital DECMATE II, I think it ran at 4mhz (vroom!) with 5MB of storage and 32kb RAM!!! I remember playing all my favorite games on 5.25" floppies, fun times.

decmateII.JPG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an AST with a 486DX Cyrix running at 66mhz if I remember correctly... It had a hefty 8 megs on the vid card and ran the all powerful Windows 3.1

Good times... Good times... :P

EDIT: Upon thinking about it, I also remember it had 16 megs of RAM, a 250MB HD, and cost my mother over $2000 to get for me... G-d bless her :rolleyes:

my first was -_- sadly to say a gateway. pentium 233mhz, 128megs of ram, a 20 gig harddrive, an sis vid card with 4 megabytes, onboard audio, cd rom, floppy, a modem. it was sure kick . when my parents gave it to me. but now i think my microwave could out do it.

My parents dished out nearly $3000 for the first 1.3 Ghz, 128 mb ram, 60gb HD, 32mb tnt 2 pro pc (plus printer, scanner, and some other .)... Now that I look back I could have saved $1000 if I had known what I know now

A blazing little(well big really) 80286 with 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppies, cga display, running ms-dos (can't remember the version).

Edit: It still runs too! Oh and it had an all powerful dot-matix printer!

Edited by 94Camaro