Ultra Products Xconnect Psu

hey all,

so since im looking for a new power supply i went to the store and noticed a Ultraproducts Xconnect power supply. URL: http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_info....3cdc7730dde5102

it looks pretty nice as far as being able to only use the power cables i need however as far as the actual power supply componentry and stuff goes i was wondering how it was. the reivews they sport on the website make it look like any serious oc'ing companys having picked up on it yet so i was just wondering if anyone out there has some experience with it or has heard about it as far as power supplying quality goes?

thanks

- legit

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just used one, like for 24 hrs :( Built for friend.. and I must say, theyre not as good as they seem.

the stats behind it are good

but the wirres really pissed me off. First of all, the 20 pin wire, frig that was so thiick!! it wasnt even flexible, hard to place

the other wires, theyr also extremly thick, becomes an inconvienecne

but if your buying it for its stats, thats agood choice :)

hmm they better be, because they were really frigan annoying

very hard to hide those wires due to their inflexibility (is that even a word?)

but just lookin at the PSU, it does look sweet, they should have one tha tlooks like that but has normal sleevin, not covered with that crazy plastic stuff

yeah, one of the reviews said the wires where pretty inflexible too, im kinda suprised though i would have thought that for the first of its kind the company would be hoping to distract from the actual power supply with those wires but its cool that its good in both the wires and the actual performance.

O yes, and they dont come with s-ata cables, you must fil lin some form thingy and fax it to them with your reciept of the PSU, then they will send you the s-ata cables

As far as I am aware of the SATA cables don't include the 3.3v line, which will become standard on all SATA HD's in the future. Kind of shooting themselves in the foot IMO.

i have one and love it yes the 20 pin is a little stiff but if u bend it will losed up . it is one of the best psu i have seen being sleeved really helps with air flow 2 degree drop in mine. plus all the molex are very long was able to run all behind mb for a even cleaner look. and u will have to fax sometthing to them to get the sata cables.

cmac :foldon: