Anyone Undervolt Their Amd?

slayer2cool

;) well just wanna ask around...i got my barton at 2.00Ghz and its Vcore is around 1.55V according to CPU ID :) why its only at 2.00 even though i know i can push further? cos i got a generic PSU and i dont want to fry my system ..hehehe

anyway i just wanna know who else here has an undervolt AMD chips??

I've had my old 2400+ chip running at uhm... 100x5.0 I think it was, at 1.1v? 1.0v? Can't remember... anyhow I ran it like that with just a water block (Maze3) sitting on it for a while until I got the money to buy me a new radiator (old one started leaking). T'was interesting... it was still like 50C though, but then water blocks aren't exactly that thick around the core area are they? :)

a waterblock alone? and how would the heat escape from the water? conduction? radiation? craziness man... lol

i'd only undervolt if i was underclocking, and wanted to use a near-silent air-sink with a really low-speed fan for like a HTPC or something

I believe my comp won't boot if it is under 500 mhz but I managed to undervolt my system by quite a bit before it started locking up. dunno I would like to see if you could take a es p4 (northwood of course) underclock it and undervolt it to see if you could get awawy with just a small heatsink

a waterblock alone? and how would the heat escape from the water? conduction? radiation? craziness man... lol

i'd only undervolt if i was underclocking, and wanted to use a near-silent air-sink with a really low-speed fan for like a HTPC or something

lol yes.. but JUST the water block... NO water B) I suppose I could have had water pumping around without the radiator, but I expect it wouldn't have done much for the temperatures because of the heat from the pump :)