The Best Pc For $1500

Goran

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide. Thanks for the link. I have a question about OEM hardware. Ok like my dvd burner, floppy, and mouse are all OEM. I know I can get the mouse working cuz it comes with a ps2/usb connection but what about the floppy and drive? Do they come with any cables? Will I need to buy cables somewhere? Or will my mobo have some? I'm just making sure so that I dont end up getting this and not being able 2 connect it lol

heres the links if u wanted 2 see

Floppy: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

CD Drive: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

Mouse: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

if you get a major brand mother, you will find all the necessary cables. PATA, SATA, floppy, even some come with extra usb ports. just check the mother board that you buy on what accessories come with it and pick the one that fits your scenario just make sure you know all the connections you will need to make in your new computer.

In that case should I go with:

ABIT "AV8" K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL Link

or as a_rabbit said:

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NSNXP-939" nForce3 Ultra Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL Link

Edit: a_rabbit also said something about a PCI-E card. Do those boards have PCI-Express? Cuz if they do I am trading in my

GIGABYTE ATI RADEON X800 XT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/VIVO, 8X AGP, Model "GV-R80T256V" -RETAIL Link

-for a

GIGABYTE ATI RADEON X800 XT Video Card, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, DVI/VIVO, PCI-Express, Model "GV-RX80T256V" -RETAIL Link

The PCI-E is only $16 more so can either of those suport pci-e?

Also will I see any kind of performance gain?

Edited by Goran

the abit it a really good board and so is the gigabyte. but i dont know if i could justify the $200 price tag with it. if you have the money go for it. but it wouldn't be my first choice, and there has been the problem with some peoples ram not fitting into the dimms of the gigabyte board. they both have a good amount of accessories. anouther reason i would go with abit is because their products are usually designed for overclockers. they have a great bios with tons of options for the enthusiast.

The same could be said about the Gigabyte board; it has built-in DPS, which helps to clean up the power, and by using ctrl-F1, you can unlock a lot of settings while in BIOS. Tell those people having problems fitting RAM into their motherboard to pay attention to the orientation of the stick.

The same could be said about the Gigabyte board; it has built-in DPS, which helps to clean up the power, and by using ctrl-F1, you can unlock a lot of settings while in BIOS. Tell those people having problems fitting RAM into their motherboard to pay attention to the orientation of the stick.

it actually was the spacing between the dimms. memory with heatspacers couldn't go in dimms that were right next to each other without touching. i have heard it from several people. im not sure if the problem got corrected.