Sign in to follow this  
p8baller07

..played Cs:s

Yeah well i played it at a cyber-world (a computer cafe' type place) and i must say it isnt like the old CS everyone is used to. The physics engine is TOTALLY redone, you can shoot the droped guns on the floor and watch them move aswell as barrels (and other light-weight objects) and watch there reaction.

You can even see dust particals in some of the "low-light" parts of the map. Also it seemed to me that dust2 was kind of "re-ordered". Also the flash bangs have bin redone, you not only have a huge white flash come up but when the shock resides, you see a "after-image" of what you saw just before the flash. Smoke grenades also seem to be more of a "darker, dirtyer grey" rather than a light grey in the old counter strike.

Weapon models didnt seem to change much other than they are of high quality (more polys, better reflection mapping... ect) As far as things moving as i metioned before, dead bodys can also be "Shot-around" like in Hitman II (for those of you who have played it) hostages get bloody when shot ( stains clothes ) rather than just have blood spill everywhere, one thing i noticed though, is that when shot in the face. There face "stains" also, which should be fitted some how.

I didnt tryed jumping 300ft in the air to land on some water, to see if i got hurt. I know in the old CS i wouldnt have, i assume i would have in CS:S, i did notice semi-high landings are kind of "absorbed" by the legs, which is cool. Thats about all i have to say on the New CS:S from valve, hope this was useful for those of you how have not played it.

-p8

Oh god, now you're making me want to play it even more! I CAN'T EFFING WAIT!

Ok, that's it, I'm going to get a job at Benders and save up for Silver.

Oh god, now you're making me want to play it even more! I CAN'T EFFING WAIT!

Ok, that's it, I'm going to get a job at Benders and save up for Silver.

yeah i am gonna put my CC in and get silver right when i get home....(at work)

Man what kind of job do you have where you get to cruise the internet during work? I wish I could do that. :(

web site / network admin :)

best part i am 15 :)

hahahah fools i got it for free and play it for hours a day mwhahahaha

also in office shoot the PC's open and look at the highly designed computer parts in it, mobo, ram, cpu, radeon card, everything, even a HD, PSU, and cd drive

the water bug is still there *fall 432098 feet no damamge* but other than that its very well polished, im more so waiting for DoD

Well i am home and gonna put my card in now.... sweet!

Do i get it right away?

Edited: Got it! woohoo.... Downloaded CS:S now!

I cant wait till HL2 is released...and DOD... anyone know if there are any mods out for CS:S?

Edited by p8baller07