Sign in to follow this  
C0mpn00b

New Fan

Installed new fan tonight, such a pin in the . with those clips, but anyways temps aren't changing at all, still running at the exact temps as before according to my senor on case and on the mb bios screen. Anyone have a clue why it would be doing that.

It may not be getting good airflow, usually intake at the front and blown out the rear and top. Make sure that your cables are not blocking the flow and that your intakes are not clogged with dust. Dust is a big prob with cooling. Hope that helps.

I'm guessing you installed it on your HS, i hate those clips too and i ordered a thermalright SI-97 loll.

Either your fan has the same CFM or it might be the size of the hub, you know how the middle of the fan does not blow air on the hs, well the bigger your fan hub the bigger the dead spot in the middle that does not receive air, you might need something like a Tt ducting but as you said with the darn clip thing you cant :(

Do you have a picture of your case (insides) that you can show us. Also do you have round cables and do you have your fans even balanced. I mean have a few blowing in the case and a few blowing out of the case. I know If you have too many fans blowing out and not enought blowing in your case temps can go up or stay the same. The air has to get in the case some how.

Edited by fire_storm

I'm guessing you installed it on your HS, i hate those clips too and i ordered a thermalright SI-97 loll.

Either your fan has the same CFM or it might be the size of the hub, you know how the middle of the fan does not blow air on the hs, well the bigger your fan hub the bigger the dead spot in the middle that does not receive air, you might need something like a Tt ducting but as you said with the darn clip thing you cant :(

yup what he said

also fans dont really make that big of a difference. Uness u have huge cfm pushing goliaths.

Well, working on getting some pics prob done by sunday, so until then. I'll let this topic rest, but now i'm having a new issue, I got a new sata hd when i got the new fan, I switched the jumpers to enable the sata feature, but it is still not showing up on my bios.

It does however show up on my device manager, also a buddy of mine said something to me about formatting it, but since i'm so new to working on my comp. on my own I have no clue what the heck to do. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

If it shows up in Device Mangler, it's probably fine.

Right-click on My Computer, select Manage.. go to Disk Management. If you can see it in there, right click and select Create Partition, make it primary, use the entire capacity of it. When it's done with that, you can use the same tool and right-click action to assign it a drive letter and then format it.

Ok so I went to manage, it shows up there also, but when i right click it I don't get any options for partition/formatt or anything.

Ok figured it out, had to set it up like the other, basic disk, and then go thru and partition and formatt. How long does it normally take to format a hd.

Edited by C0mpn00b

Depending on the size of the disk and the speed of your processor, but dont worry if it goes let it finish it'll be worth the wait ;)