Hiya

jkdmaster

Hi everyone,

I am new here but i am going to learn about overclocking, seeing as i just built a new system what do you guys think here it is:

Gigabyte K8NSNXP LE

AMD 3400+(1mbcache)

BFG 6800 GT

1 Gig Kingston Hyper X 3200 DDR400

soon to be Raid 0 Seagate 7200 U ATA+ WD drive(not sure which one it is)

Well thats it, hopefully i can learn alot here seeing as i want to major in computer prog. next year when i transfer out of this hell hole of a CC. Thanks and nice meeting everyone.

Edited by jkdmaster

the 1mb cache is a winchester (??) i sez get the newcastle

its the 754 pin not 939, not sure if the 939 is the winchester but the 939 was alot more for a mobo. Thanks for all the greetings, this seems like a good forum.

Edited by jkdmaster

worker hasnt d3 already said this "dont greet someone with folding in mind" or something. Jeeze u have no mind.

anyways welcome to occ man. Ill give you your first couple tips. Alright to oc that video card you are going to want to download a regestry hack called 'coolbits'. They will tell you how to do it from there. That graphics card should oc to and past ultra speeds. And for your cpu did u mention what mobo you had...well if it is a nforce3 250 chipset, then you should be able to oc to around 220 htt or so. You could do this with the other k8t800, but there is no pci/agp lock....and always your best friend