Sign in to follow this  
red930

P4 2.8c

what is possible to get this chip to oc to i know that all chips are diff but hat is the most i could oc this chip

but what have u guys heard of is it even possible to hit 3.8? i think it would be awsome to step up a whole ummm. yea lol

Seems like most 2.8's I've seen are good for about 3.4-3.5ghz, though of course it all depends on your partiular setup.

I wonder why my chip ocs so well yet faster stock cpus seem not to clock as well..

3.8GHz on a 2.8c isn't impossible, but its pretty rare. With the right stepping and cooling, it can be had.

I had a 2.8c M0 that would do 3.6GHz on air, and under my "extreme" H20 system I was able to hit 3.81GHz 12HR Prime95 stable. The vcore was at or under 1.65v, and temps stayed around 35C under load.

I would try to find a 2.8c M0 SL6Z5 chip, if you are set on the 2.8c. They are pretty hard to find now, but if you look hard they can be found.

My 2.8c does 3.5ghz stable, anything over (and I mean like a 1mhz FSB increase) will be very unstable. It all depends on your mobo, ram and which CPU you have.

Jinx-Here is my 2.8C. For some reason, I can't get above a 232 fsb using my IS-7. I think it could be that only 2.8 volts is the maximum for the memory voltage on my mobo. But don't know.

PI- I have the same mobo, how did you get past the 232 fsb wall? Do you have watercooling?