Sign in to follow this  
Sylo

Vidie Cooler....

i am getting water cooling for my cpu and wondering would it be better to add water cooling to my video card or do get something like the arctic cooling vga cooler or some other air cooling for my video card....

Well, an NV Silencer would be a little cheaper and safer, but a water block might make it a bit cooler. Personally, I'd go with an NV Silencer

Well i'm a nay sayer, since you"re getting WC if you have a good rad and pump it'll only cost you a VC water block and a couple of inches tubbing for a real cool video card <_<

Oh yes and quietness :D

Edited by kobalt

Picked out this one because it was pretty and shinie gold - added it to my existing system 40 bucks and areal easy bracket. Now V card runs 3 C. cooler than the cpu and a added bonus it helped drop the case temps way down - the extra plumbing looks cool to. B)

Edited by E Fudd

I haven't had any real trouble with my WC kit leaking. A small leak in the resevoir at 1st, was easily fixed. I don't think leaking is a big concern with a VGA WB. Just check it before you fire it up, and then let it run for awhile and use that tape that stops leaks on anything that screws in. I imagine you could get your vid card down to near ambient with a VGA WB.

I would only get water cooling for the video card if you were to overclock it. other wise your rally don t need it.

I would only get water cooling for the video card if you were to overclock it. other wise your rally don t need it.

Very true or unless you're a real quietness freak :lol:

quietness freak

My case is very loud I had to put a fan speed controler in so I could go to my schools lan partys everyone complained about the nose.

you could try those dual heatpipes that are out, from either zalman or thermaltake.

as for a gpu water block, itll work good but you forget that it also needs a fan to cool it as well, because there are chipsets on their or whatever that get really hot, just like the ones on a mobo