Sign in to follow this  
C0mpn00b

Just Added A Few Things (opinions)

Just Added a few new things in my quest to upgrade a little at a time.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-145-051&depa=1

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-106-037&depa=0

Hoping the new fan helps with cpu temps, i'm currently running quite hot i believe

50c-52c on stock fan under full loads.

And new Hd for the simple fact that my old wd 40g is real slow and loud, now i'll have to decide whether to leave the os on the 40g or just get rid of it and use the new one for everything.

Also since i'm kinda new to this, since it's an oem hd can anyone tell me what cables i'll need to buy or such in order to hook the new hd up and also, I hear people talking about Raid0 config. not too familar with that either so any help with that would be pimp.

Well, I wouldnt recommend that particular hd. I'd put the extra $10 or whatever into getting a western digital 200gb hard drive. zipzoomfly.com has them for a little cheaper then newegg. But you would need 2x identical hard drives to run raid-0, both would need to be SATA unless your mb has an ide raid controler. Besides that, I would stick that 40 into a server or just use it for files and not the OS. I'm going to be upgrading hds soon, and that is what i'm going to do.

I'd recommend the seagate 7200.7 barracuda harddrive. Newegg has 160gb version of them for like $110 or something. They benchmark faster than raptors and seagate has a history of producing great drives.

One day, i too will upgrade my storage box with 4 of those 250GB...one day <_<