Sign in to follow this  
CmpFreak88

Remote Wonder

Ok, well I installed the new Catalyst drivers and they're working great and I got a great performance boost out of them. When I installed them I uninstalled everything ATI to make sure I got a clean install. Now that I've gone back to install my Remote Control It will install just fine and the program will work, but it will not work... The light on the remote control is coming on, the light on the reciever is on, Windows XP makes noise that it detected it being plugged in. I noticed when I go to configure the Multimedia Center, I notice it has an option that says, "When I press the TV button" and then it has a drop down list of choices, but it's all grayed out so I can't select or change it. I have never had a problem with it before, so could it be the new video drivers? Oh, the card is a 9700 AIW.

why did you uninstall ALL the ati drivers.. when you upgrade.. they KNOW.. that you had older drivers and updates accordingly.. so there is no problems... there is OTHER softwear you need to get your remote to work that prb came with your product cd..

Every other time I've reformatted I've always installed downloaded drivers, I don't see how this time would be any different. What other software might I need to get it working

I'm not even getting an icon in the taskbar. I changed an option in the configuration to use EAZYLOOK and when it restarted it told me it couldn't recognize a remote. I'm going to try and reinstall again.

Edit: Alright, well after having to reformat when taking out SP2 and a new video driver and remote control driver install later, I've got it all working fast and smooth as ever. Thanks for the help.