Sign in to follow this  
RaTeD-R

Ever heard of Water-Cooling gone bad

Im thinking about adding a water cooling system in the near future.  Have you ever heard of these things busting or anything?  I bet your whole computers pretty much shot if that happens, it can't be good.  If yah gotz some storys, I'd like to hear um.

*going to light a fire and get some marshmallows*

ive never had a problem with my watercooling setup..

just make sure to test for leaks before you install it in your computer :)

I know of one guy that was at a lan party i was at that got his video card burnt up by a watercooling rig. There was an ice chest right beside him at the lan party that held some mnt dew and bawls.. so he thought he'd put is water reservoir down in the ice.. well about three hours in to a game of Unreal Tournament, his screen started doing some strange things i have never seen in my life (that has happened to monitor that is) then a few secs later the screen went black and the computer beeped. He then cut the power supply off and opened his case up to find a few drops of water on his video card :/ comes to find out that the ice made the water very cold, and you know what happens when you mix cold with hot..

he was lucky water didnt get on anything else :) i sold him my voodoo5 5500 that night for $25

I think i was reading on Modding.net..

Im not sure were now..

well..

Some guys watercooling sprung a leak.. and when he got home.. his setup was shot..

nothing worked..

he told his buddy.. and his buddy sat there and laughed at him.. LoL

Ya i heard the same story. Like LinuXproX says test it first. :D

there isnt really a gray area with it guess, if you have it and there are no leaks your good, if you have it and it leaks your screwed, you just have to make the choice and see if you have the money to replace things if worse comes to worse!