Sign in to follow this  
-shockwave-

Overclocking A Celeron 2.4 400 Fsb

you could always do like I did.

I was in the same boat as you till yesterday. we purchased an HP earlier this year and I finaly got sick of not being able to mess with it. I wanted to upgrade the mobo so Id have some options, but was stuck with microATX.

I ended up taking the advice of others here and purchased a new case. now I have a an HP in a fancy gaming case untill next payday. then Im getting a new mobo of my choice and the fun begins. :)

all the mobo i have ever seen have the same screw pattern so fdont worry..i used to have an intel d845gerg3...and my msi just use two new holes to the right because the msi has 4 DIMM slots and the intel i had had 2 and was narrower but they are all made the same i believe...if not someone correct me plz

Well thanx everyone, I'm gonna order that Asus tomorrow. 2days I'll be runnin and oc'n. Can't wait. I am waiting to buy a new case for when I am ready to start building my bada$$ machin3, then I'm gonna get a full size board and top quality hardware, I'll spend some serious ca$h on that. I just want to upgrade right now and get more out of the processor I have while it's still semi up to date ya know. My ram is only 2700, I'm kinda wondering what exactly I'm gonna have to do to get the MOST out of it. I am also going to get another 512 stick. Should I get a faster stick or do I need to get another 2700? Or maybe ditch what I got and just start over with faster ram?

-=j0nnyr0tt3n=-

Ya, it was, sorry for jumpin in. I found out that intel can't be overclocked w/bios, and that sucks, just like their mobo's. I don't know if you tried that link to CPUCool, but it kinda sucks, because it leaves you very unstable. Hook it up with a new mobo, that's the moral of the story here.

-=j0nnyr0tt3n=- :D