Sign in to follow this  
-shockwave-

Overclocking A Celeron 2.4 400 Fsb

depends on what your definition of inexpensive is. This would be great to overclock with for now and it is great for upgrading too.

if u have a small case get the mobo i have.. i hit 3.39 GHz on my best oc..not stable but im on air so i didnt expect it to be...

dang looks like the celeron club lol. guess il join in since i have THREE of the running lol. Anyway, new mobo is the way to go. Intel dosent want you killing their CPUs where they might have to replace one, so they lock all their boards (MY HP is locked too :( ) anyway i cant get my celly to stay stable over 3.0 ghz bc i dont have an AGP lock so my PCI bus cause network to stop working....come to think of it wonder what happens if i use my netgear PCI 10/00 card instead of on board....? humm is it worth the trouble to find out? why do i keep asking questins no one is going to answer?

Humm just out of curiosity wonder if some 2.4 celly's have that same magic that 2.4Cs have lol taht EXTREME overclockability :) Oh well ill stick with my 2.5 for now, THEN a 2600+ system, then who knows Athalon 64 :D

That looks pretty sweet. Would you suggest throwing my Celeron D on it, or will it only support pentium 4?

-=j0nnyr0tt3n=-

i think the latest BIOs update for my mobo supports celeron D not sure jsut check it out on MSI's site

I'm gonna need a vc with that mobo. Any suggestions on that? I don't need any sort of extreme graphics, but something to run fairly nice. I only have the intel extreme crapics right now, so mostly anything would out do that.

-=j0nnyr0tt3n=-

if u go the mobo i have why would u need a video card..mine has a built in vga plug...its decent for someone who desont like really play games that much or great games..its a little worst than my fx 5200 if that helps

nope well maybe on lowest possible game settings..idk..my fx 5200 would probablly even suck in ut2k3

my fx 5200 would probablly even suck in ut2k3

that should not be true. my fx 5200 plays ut2k4 smooth as silk at 1024x768 with all details on high. thats w/ no oc

It pretty much sucks that I need a micro board to fit into my case, but what d'ya think of this one.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=240309

I'm just worried about the mounting holes matching up in the same spots as my crappy Intel.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=240913

Any thoughts? I know it's cheaper at NewEgg, but ZipZoomFly gives me free shipping to Hawaii.

-=j0nnyr0tt3n=- :D