Sign in to follow this  
zipperhead

Battlefield1942 View Distance Enhancement

With a beefy system, you can easily display more than the current maximum view distance of the game allows. To increase it, you have to edit the Video.con file in your profile folder. That is the folder named "Settings\Profiles\\Video.con" in your BF1942 folder. It contains an entry

game.setMenuViewdistance

e.g.

game.setMenuViewdistance 200

That would be 200%. In Omaha Beach that is enough to see the cruiser well from far behind in the German main base. You have to set the read only flag of this file after editing it to prevent BF1942 from overwriting it with the default maximum value.

Just to let ya know, this is being addressed in the 1.2 Patch.

They [EA/Dice] consdier this a "cheat".

Two other things you can also do, is:

Turning Off Fog and view as Wireframe

Only heard rumors as to that one.... but EA list it as a "cheat" that is being fixed.

I assume it turns the land, trees, and buildings into wireframe and allows your to see through them.

uhh yeah, BF1942 Blowz... I finished that game 2 months ago, and the servers online were horrible. it was an interesting idea though... i hope a mohaa 2 comes out

Wolf 3D and DOOM were my fave games... then came UT and HL... and then RTCW and MOH:AA...

Now, it's just Battlefield 1942 for me. :) I love it, and probably more than anyone here.

they've done a TON to improve the game. The orginal demo wasnt very good...like I said the game sucked but Ive played the newer version and it atually seems pretty good.