Modded Radiator With Dual Fans

The_WRATH

my radiator that came with my aquarius 2 is now modded with 2 80mm fans, like i screwed them together and then i screwed the 2 on the radiator, should this help cool my radiator better now?

well there blowing in the same direction, both are blowing left, towards my radiator

radiator-->[ ]()()<--2 80mm fans (the () are fans)

<~~air blowing left

<~~air blowing left

air comes out front, or the left braket

LOL SORRY, GAE EXPLANATION

dont have my digital camera handy at the moment, will post pic later

Edited by The_WRATH

ya the only thing you are doing by adding 2 fans flowing in the same direction is more FORCE - it doesnt actually send the air faster it just provides a stronger stream of air

what what do you mean lol

sooo the radiator wont get cooled as good?

and thats not good? lol

Stacking fans does not make them move more air, nor will they cool any better. That would be like having two cars drive bumper-to-bumper at 60mph, and expecting them to go 120mph as a result, you know? The blades on the lower fan keep things moving at the same speed as before. Stacking them probably just kills their motor life and causes more noise.

ok going by eva's analogy:

two cars drive bumper-to-bumper at 60mph, and expecting them to go 120mph as a result,

the cars wont go "FASTER" but they will be able to PUSH more - say one of those cars was trying to push a dumptruck.... 1 car alone wont be able to push the truck but if the 2nd car pushed also then they will get the truck to move - its like trying to push a car by yourself --- and only being able to push it so fast - then some guy comes along and helps ya - well you can push the car a little faster

the thing that having "2" fans is doing is applying more FORCE - one single fan is fighting air resistance through a radiator so having 2 fans is sharing that force so each fan only has half the work load

moving "MORE" air and "MOVING AIR FASTER" are 2 different things.... the only way to move air faster is 1) remove air restriction, or 2) increase fan speed, 3) increase the angle at which the blades on the fan are

moving MORE air is by having multiple fans doing the same work together

to test this - have one fan blowing in a direction - hold your hand in front of it bout 3 inches away and slowly move your hand till its almost right on top of it - notice how much air FEELS like is moving past your hand (you can use a sheet of paper as well)---- then put a 2nd fan right behind it blowing the same direction.... then repeat the test - you will notice that the air isnt moving faster but the flow of air is STRONGER