Clan Website

computergee

Im trying to make a site for my clan. We need to beable to have a sign up sheet and have it so members can log on to view things. We are using a free hosting site called freewebs. How would I make the sign up sheet so it emails me the forms? And how to make it so members sign in, but i have to approve first.

For making the sign up sheet I'm gonna assume that you know enough html to make the fields and everything like that, but if you need help I can help with that. To get it email to you I use Cut and Paste Scripts they work nice and just follow the instructions on thier site to sign up and set up the form right so it works.

For member signin I think that your gonna need to use a mysql database. I'm working on doing something like that for my clans site that I'm working on. I know that your gonna have to at least use PHP for that though, but I dont know if your host offers that. I'm trying to find a good tutorial to help with PHP/mysql login system, I'll let you know if I find something.

you are going need some kind of HTML skills, through a class or online. A knowledge of Frontpage or Dreamweaver is needed to make a nice page. Forms are realitivly easy part of html.

you are going need some kind of HTML skills, through a class or online. A knowledge of Frontpage or Dreamweaver is needed to make a nice page. Forms are realitivly easy part of html.

Frontpage or Dreamweaver? haha, that's not true.

Anyone who can html can do the code, make it much more flexible, and much better than a wysiwyg, at least imo.

For it to send you an email all you need to do is have it email you the form information, though that may require php support, or a language simliar. I never have heard of just html supporting email support o.0