Fan Pressure?

worker

yes freeder, "presure" is CFM, cubic foot per minute i think. the more CFM's the more air pressure obviously and obviously the more pressure or CFM's the higher preformance the fan would be

Nononono.

Air pressure is say the strength of the fan, while the CFM's is the 'speed'.

If a fan has greater air pressure, it will be able to still blow through more resistance, while a fan with very low air pressure, while it has alotta CFMs, will basically be freewheeling. And remember, CFM's are the amount of air a fan can move when in free air, WITHOUT RESTRICTION. Like was said, Blowers have alot of pressure, which is why they are used in things like Household Furnaces, to blow the air through all the ducts to every part in the house.

yes freeder, "presure" is CFM, cubic foot per minute i think. the more CFM's the more air pressure obviously and obviously the more pressure or CFM's the higher preformance the fan would be

cubic foot per min. i thought. that would be a flow rate. cubic foot per meter would be pressure only, no flow therefore impossible.

cubic foot per meter is like some sort of retarded question. Both are forms of measurement. CFM, Cubic Feet per Minute is a measure of volume over a given time. As in, a 100CFM fan moves 100 Cubic Feet (A cube of air measuring 1 x 1 x 1 feet) of air in one minute. Pressure is measured in different ways I guess...in hg, Mercury Inches, PSI maybe??? Ultimatly, I wouldn't worry about it, but if given the choice between two 120CFM fans with one having greater pressure, take the one with the greater pressure, it will be closer to an actual 120CFM than the lower pressure fan.