Fast 2x256 Or Normal 2x512?

Ok...granted I'm a n00b and I've read the memory faqs but I still have a question?

I NEED to update my RAM and have done my research. I've narrowed it down but cost is prohibitive. I do some gaming and the current direction games are taking I suspect that I would be remiss if I did not take this into account. MY QUESTION IS: Do I get 2x256 (512MB) of very fast PC3200 (2-2-2-5), PC3500 (2.5-3-3-7) or 2x512MB (1GB) of slower memory? (cost is about the same). I don't really OC (I do fiddle around a little but keep it mostly stock)...I would like my new system (3 months) to last a few years as I'm not made of money). I've been looking at Komusa for my purchase (not the 2-2-2-5).

:withstupid: I highly recommend that any modern system have 1gb of ram. I've tried running farcry/Doom III with only 512, and it's pretty obvious that more is needed. The slight difference in timings between regular and performance ram really makes very little difference, especially if you are not a heavy overclocker.

OK...Thanks much...I would have figured that speed would be a much bigger factor. Does anyone have any experience with the Komusa brand of memory or should I stick with Micron or Samsung?

www.komusa.com/duchddrmemo.html

Rick