CS:S and 9800

dac4n4d14n

hmm... wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the video card forum, but i've been reading some of the steam forums and have read that a lot of ppl are having problems with their 9800 pros with cs:s (low fps). however their foums are too cramped for me. wayyy too much information. i'm planning to get a 9800 pro soon. i was just wondering if any of u that have played cs:s are playing with this card and how's it runnin'. thx.

I've got an asus 9800 Pro 256 mb and it runs awesome. except for the server lags and stuff like that. I just ordered another stick of corsair 512 mb to make it a gb. I should be running even faster by this weekend. but no I haven't had any problems w/ fps.

Ya.. there are a lot of people complaining about the 9800 during games.... especially when it comes to maps with water.

My GF4Ti4400 gets on average 50FPS. I'd tell you the exact settings, but I'm not at home ATM. ;)

that thread boosted my confidence in the 9800 pro a little bit. :) guess i'll just have to get one first and see how it runs when the half-life 2 package actually comes out (it's taking forevverr). tho i fear my mobo/cpu/ram are gonna hold me back. :( i have a ecs k7s5a, athlon xp 2000+, and crucial 1gb pc2100 ram by the way.