Possible Mobo Issues?

hey guys wondering if yall could help me out. sitting here messing with a kv8 pro, 3000+, 9600pro, and a 1x1024 PQI memory stick. the problem is the memory is only showing up as 512? :rolleyes:, i tested this in a p4 rig and the memory is fine,went thru 4 bios revisons and nothing. what the heck could be causing this issue? im leaning toward mobo imcompatibilty, but this board suports 1 gig sticks.

any one heard of any issues with the kv8pro? any help to get this resolved would be nice thanks :P

I think that the Via chipsets have troubles addressing 1gb dimms. Try the stick on an NForce3 based board and see if you get similar results. I specifically recall that same issue occuring with another Asus K8T800 board with 1gb dimms.

ship the mobo right to hell... cuz that thing will give you nothing but grief

i actually like this mobo. the overclocking options are hella sweet, and this board seems a ton faster than the nf3 chipset.

this little 3000+ is one nice overclocker, stock h/s and its doing 2500mhz B). im thinking 2 512 sticks instead, going to contact PQI, and abit see what they have to say

thanks alot guys

It may give grief for someone that wants to use a ton load of RAM or push it to the grave on overclocking, but it works for the average person.

i actually like this mobo. the overclocking options are hella sweet, and this board seems a ton faster than the nf3 chipset.

this little 3000+ is one nice overclocker, stock h/s and its doing 2500mhz B). im thinking 2 512 sticks instead, going to contact PQI, and abit see what they have to say

thanks alot guys

that board is nice and smooth, but the nforce3 is better imo.

try another 1gb stick to see if it's just an issue with that one

well from the little time i played with it last night i was mighty impressed with it other than the fact the 1 gig stick shows up as 512. i was jsut really hoping not ot have to send any parts back and bite the restocking fee. the comp is a friend of mines ill see if maybe he wants to switch out his kv8 pro for my k8n, and yess i know the k8n is a better and more expensive board, but this is the only option i can think of to not pay 20 or 30bucks in restocking fees