Posting, But Not Video

BiPolar

I've got an albatron KX18DS pro mobo, and a Chaintech G-Force FX5200(AGP). I've got everything plugged in, but when I power on, it sounds like it's starting up, but the monitor won't turn on. I tried another VERY old video card, and still no video.

And yes, the monitor cable is plugged in on both ends (it works on another computer just fine).

Is the AGP slot on the mobo broken? Any ideas?

i had the same problem with my parents p4 2.4 when i built it, let it stay on a little bit and see if it posts, it took my parents comp over a minute to post, because the BIOS wasn't updated to handle the code for the processor, if that doesnt work , reset the bios, and take the battery out and unplug the system for an hour then try again... if all else fails "RING RING" TECH SUPPORT!!! heheh, good luck

My last comp had that problem, ended up being either the cpu or mobo. I havent had the balls yet to see if the mobo works bc I dont want my chip to die in it ;-) Might try it soon though bc i've got an a64 comin in tommorow..

well it sounds as if something in your hardware has taken a turn for the worse - if you can - test the processor out on a different computer, test your ram on a different computer, test your graphix on a different computer

if everything passes testing then its your motherboard

i know that some processors arent compatable with some types of ram - for instance:

a 400mhz fsb celleron on some motherboards isnt compatable with ram over 266mhz(pc 2100) unless the ram is the type that will automaticly underclock itself (soyo motherboards and cellerons are notorious for this - even says in the book that ONLY pc2100 memory will work with cellerons)

this might be the case with your computer - make sure that the book has your hardware listed as compatable speeds

usually when the monitor doesnt turn on it means that there is some sort of compatability issue or hardware failure

if your power supply has a switch in the back - try flipping that off - waiting for 10-20 seconds, then flip the switch back on and try powering up again

if that doesnt work -turn off the switch to the power supply, unplug the 20 pin atx power connector, set the jumper to clear your cmos/bios so all the settings go back to factory default, plug the 20 pin atx power connector back in, put the cmos/bios jumper back to the operational position, turn the switch back ON on your power supply and then try booting up your computer

if this still doesnt fix the problem - you might just have a toasted processor