Irony

360RamGuy01

Unless you plan on re-formatting your HDD anytime soon....SP2 is absolutly horrible bacause it has so many problems with previously installed programs. After a fresh install on XP Pro I might consider putting it on...but XP's firewall has nutin on Black-Ice.........

Keep Oc'ing................. :foldon::foldon::foldon:

No, you just have to learn to deal with the windows firewall. This time around it's actually good enough to need configuring. Norton, Macafee (whatever it's called), or black ice would all need configuration. So far sp2 confilicts with less than 5% of all packaged software (stuff you buy) and a little over 5% of all open source/free software. That's a pretty dang good ratio for the HUGE amount of new security features and improvements. If you machine can't handle sp2 there is roughly a 95% chance it's not microsoft's fault.

And by the way, I saw that same message at school on a computer and laughed for a long time. I was going to post the same thread but I lost the screen shot I took... lol.

LOL. Maybe microsoft is cleaning up their act? Hahaha

Well, they did say that focusing on security is their new #1 priority.

4 years from now, they might start doing something about it.

I honestly can't think of a reason why I'd depend on MS to provide a stable firewall - almost nothing else works right...

NO, I'm not trolling - I'm just pissed about having to push out YET MORE patches. Again.