I'd Like To Copyright Somthing

NCC10281982B

As you may have read in my ally post, Arg!! Management!! I made a new

and improved fuel spill log. It turns out that my form stands a chance of being approved for use. Before that happens I would like to copyright my original form.

I knowthere has to be more to it than slapping a little c on the document. If anyone has any pointers as to the process I'd like some advise.

The purpose of the exersize is to make shure I get credit for the modifications as mine, not safeways. I wrote up portions of the form on my own time.

Thanks

usually if you work for a big company they claim the rights to whatever you produce while working for them as long as it relates to your job function, regardless of when/where you do the actual work. you might want to double check that your company didn't have you sign something like that when you hired on.

usually if you work for a big company they claim the rights to whatever you produce while working for them as long as it relates to your job function, regardless of when/where you do the actual work. you might want to double check that your company didn't have you sign something like that when you hired on.

This did cross my mind. Yes I am woried about it. I don't think I ever did sign anything like that.

to copyright....

Money and an attorney.....

also...I used to work at a payroll and HR company and my wife still does...

Our first thought is to check your employee handbook..

I know that while I worked at my compnay...an program I wrote, computer interface, etc...

manual, diagram et al...

whether at work or at home...belonged to the company....

also since this sounds safety related (I confess I didn't read the other thread)....

You are now treading on the ground of OSHA, whether at a State level or a Federal level...

Big leagues....

so... my two answers....

Suck it up, turn in the form and deal (hopefully you will get a thank you..but even those are rare...)

or back to my first thing

an Attorney and LOTS of money

the "poor mans" copywrite is by printing it to "hardcopy" (paper) and then mailing it to yourself and NOT opening it so you have "proof of creation" by the post mark date--- this alone will not hold up in say a court if there was any dispute but it is good for supporting evidence on your behalf.