Question About Folding@home

lost

i have a few questions about the folding@home

i have like 2 computers so can i run two of them with the same username?

and i just started to run 1, but it always ends after this, well it doesn't end just stops doing anything.

[time] Completed 0 out of 2500000 steps (0)

and doesn't go on

ooh cool.. thanks :)

on many computers with the same username right?

oh and how do i stop it from loading on startup? i didn't see that option when i was installing it.

Edited by lost

i have a few questions about the folding@home

i have like 2 computers so can i run two of them with the same username?

and i just started to run 1, but it always ends after this, well it doesn't end just stops doing anything.

[time] Completed 0 out of 2500000 steps (0)

and doesn't go on

I have a machine that done that, I hit Ctrl alt delete and found out a file to do with the sound on that machine was using 99 % of the CPU, so folding was doing nothing, I hit end process and folding took off, you might check there and see if something else is using your cpu cycles besides folding, and to answer your other question you can run as many machines as you want, the username at Stanford has to be the same on all machines and has to match exactly the name you use here at OCC and of course team# 12772 is our #, if there single CPU machines just set them all the same way. There is a link if you are using the client version that may help you

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/f...-userguide.html

hmm its going well :)

i thought it would use up more processor power then what is using right now...

and about the steps thing: i only see it change like after i restart fah4console.exe but i guess thats not a big problem.

and having it not load at startup, yes i know how to turn it off. but i dont want it to load right away as i start up my computer. i checked msconfig, but couldn't find anything for that under startup, i have also checked start menu > program files > startup and couldn't find anything there either.

You may have it setup to run as a service. Go into the Task Manager and see which user name the folding client is running under. If it says 'System', its running as a service.