Video Card Deadlock

The_WRATH

ok i think it all started a few weeks ago when my computer was being a little whore, and i kicked the side of it, i think i kicked the bottom area where the agp slot was and f*ked up my gfx card lol

the next day when i played mafia, the screen shut off and turned back on, and then it shows the error "your gfx card has suffered a hardware deadlock, and therefore it just restart the computer so the vpu can recover" or something real similar to that, so i was like sure whatever lol, and then IT KEEPS HAPPENING lol, so id format lol, reinstall the ati catylst, plugging in and out my card, etc etc.

its gotten better now, but still isnt at its best performance that it could be at, oh how stupid of me, i have a powercolor radeon 9200 128, hey, we all make bad choices in life, one of my big ones was buying this piece of poop I COULDNT RESIST! IT WAS ONLY 39 DOLLARS AT FRYS! LOL

anywho, when i was playing my movie on windvd6 my computer makes this weird noise like a dj scratching a record over again like "h-h-h-h-h-h-h-i-i-i-i" lol, and then it resets, could that be because of my gfx? and sometimes games would freeze or hang and reset or shut down my computer heh

WELL getting a ti4800 soon, and ive put my tower in a place where my feet cant reach it anymore LMAO

*whew* finally got that off my chest :lol:

ok i think it all started a few weeks ago when my computer was being a little whore, and i kicked the side of it, i think i kicked the bottom area where the agp slot was and f*ked up my gfx card lol

the next day when i played mafia, the screen shut off and turned back on, and then it shows the error "your gfx card has suffered a hardware deadlock, and therefore it just restart the computer so the vpu can recover" or something real similar to that, so i was like sure whatever lol, and then IT KEEPS HAPPENING lol, so id format lol, reinstall the ati catylst, plugging in and out my card, etc etc.

its gotten better now, but still isnt at its best performance that it could be at, oh how stupid of me, i have a powercolor radeon 9200 128, hey, we all make bad choices in life, one of my big ones was buying this piece of poop I COULDNT RESIST! IT WAS ONLY 39 DOLLARS AT FRYS! LOL

anywho, when i was playing my movie on windvd6 my computer makes this weird noise like a dj scratching a record over again like "h-h-h-h-h-h-h-i-i-i-i" lol, and then it resets, could that be because of my gfx? and sometimes games would freeze or hang and reset or shut down my computer heh

WELL getting a ti4800 soon, and ive put my tower in a place where my feet cant reach it anymore LMAO

*whew* finally got that off my chest :lol:

Good god. Can anyone say anger management classes?

i once had a gateway eith a 1.2 celery and a g force 2 mx 400 and i used to kick that thing on a daily basis(hard too) the side of the case had dents all over it . well as some black scuff marks from my shoes. it never gave me any real problems other than being slow.