Red Eye Pics

bishop245

is there a decent freeware or even shareware proggy to remove red eye from pics

my mom borrowed my camera and the only pics without redeye are outside shots all the indoor shoot have it bad

this is my cousin and his youngest daughter at her and her sisters baptism

if you have photoshop eliments there is a red eye brush.. i just did this in photohsp.. i duplicated the green alpha cannle.. copyed and pasted it behind the pic layer, then i put a show all mask on the original. and painted black on that to brigh the alpha channle through :P but this explains it better

heh - I'm more PSn00b than you - he lost me at "i duplicated"

I like PSP cause it's like a dumbed-down version of Photoshop. They just use a tight zoom, and a tool to choose a color then overlay a circle over the red spot... It's no Photoshop, but it works for what I need it to. Much cheaper, too. :D

[edit] nice work, asus

Edited by cybergrunt69

you did a good job asus but while i have photoshop7 i have no idea how to use it and your explanation lost me from the very beginning

i am a photochop ubernoob :ph34r:

its alpha channels.. i sent you an email.. :) look.. il do em all for you.. um.. i use photoshop CS.. but this is what it looks like

I'm also a layman at this so here's how I'd do it. Probably not how a PS master would do it, but effective. Just click on the redeye tool on the toolbar, then select brush width and color (black). Put the target over the eye and click, more than once if necessary.

Edited by Phil