atlxkevinx

hey guys, i just built my new system. here are the parts

Koolance PC-2 black

500watt Vigor PSU

Athlon 64 3000+ (New Castle)

DFI Lanparty UT

2 x 512 Corsair XMS DDR400 PC3200

SamSung DVD-CDRW combo

its running stock on stock cooling right now, i just order the amd64 cooling block and should be in soon. i have a problem with my ram tho... I put in the stick of ram but windows recognize my memory at 512mb. I kno it works becuz i tried it on my bros P4 system and it picked up 1gb. I dont kno what is wrong, and also cpu-z sees that i have 2 stick of DDR ram. I didnt purchase these at the same time. i got 512 a week, and another 512 later, but im pretty sure they are the same. does anyone kno what could be wrong with my system?

i tried switching up the slots, same result, i tested each ram alone, and they both boot up, its when i put them both together, i get a problem. when i put them both together windows loads up but window only sees 512mb. someone please help. thanks

i tried updating the bios but problem still exists. i tried all differnt slots. cpu-z sees both of the ram, but one of the ram product name have some weird, symbols. ill take some screen shots when i get home. I might swap ram with my friend for his hyper-x ddr400, and when my new brackets some in, im hoping to hit ddr600 like most reviews i read has, ill keep yall update, but as for now, if anyone can help me with my current problem, ill luv u forever :rolleyes:

--edit

heres screen shot of what cpu-z looks like on my pc

cpuz.JPG

Edited by atlxkevinx