Ahh Tinkers!

BionicSniper

30 minutes a frame?

Dude - your AMD proc was made for Tinkers. Seriously. My AMD XP2600+ eats Tinkers for breakfast - about 4 min 30 sec per frame. My 3000+s take about 30 secs less. So those XPs can beat my p4 HT running two instances as long as they are doing Tinkers. Gromacs is another matter.

Because of the more intense use of the floating point processing unit, Tinkers favor AMD procs over Intel.

So now we have to figure out what protein you're working on and why it's taking you 30 minutes/frame.

Yeah, mine fly through tinkers...It's those 25000000 steps that takes me 30min a step....it's taking so long now I can't see Nerm anymore....but I can hear Bigred a coming...methinks he is going to blow my doors off any day now... :huh:

Yeah, mine fly through tinkers...It's those 25000000 steps that takes me 30min a step....it's taking so long now I can't see Nerm anymore....but I can hear Bigred a coming...methinks he is going to blow my doors off any day now... :huh:

Yeah, BigRed already crushed me, so watch out whomever is above me. With two instances going, a tinker (639) takes about 8 minutes. With only one going, it will take about 5 minutes per step. Sometimes wish I had one of those AMD things.

i just added two more 2.8 P4 HT's with one instance and they both have 854's running at 23 mins per frame and my 2.4 HT with 2 instances is running 2 112's at 8:30 a frame. i dont think any 400 frame tinkers take more than about 10 mins per frame (except for that 600 point one).