Lights Are Good, Right?

Well, i personally think the LEDs are kinda annoying, considering that my case is maybe 5 ft from the head of my bed, i dont like to have a night light when i sleep :P but, is there some way to hook up cold cathodes so that they have an 'on' switch? a universal on switch is best, so i dont have to turn all the cold cathodes on and off everytime i decide i want to bask in the glory of "GOD IN A CAN" (thats my computer)... but i really want to mod my case like mad with UV paint and crazy stuff like that.... but i want it nice and black when i go to sleep... :P its more of a showoff thing anyway hehe. Anyone have any ideas?

ALSO - on a similar subject, the ABIT IC7 MAX-3 has these three lights on the mobo that i cant seem to turn off, they are just green lights above the processor that dont seem to have any meaning at all, maybe just to look cool.... anyone know how to turn these off?

Well, i personally think the LEDs are kinda annoying, considering that my case is maybe 5 ft from the head of my bed, i dont like to have a night light when i sleep :P but, is there some way to hook up cold cathodes so that they have an 'on' switch? a universal on switch is best, so i dont have to turn all the cold cathodes on and off everytime i decide i want to bask in the glory of "GOD IN A CAN" (thats my computer)... but i really want to mod my case like mad with UV paint and crazy stuff like that.... but i want it nice and black when i go to sleep... :P its more of a showoff thing anyway hehe. Anyone have any ideas?

ALSO - on a similar subject, the ABIT IC7 MAX-3 has these three lights on the mobo that i cant seem to turn off, they are just green lights above the processor that dont seem to have any meaning at all, maybe just to look cool.... anyone know how to turn these off?

most CC kits have a switch.. you can buy a splitter that runs through a rocker switch for your CC's if you want. .thats what i have

*is a newb* splitter? whats that? is it like a surge protector where you just plug everything in and it comes out as one plug?

Also, wheres a cheap website to buy this stuff from? www.xoxide.com i know has mostly a lot for casemodding, but its kinda expensive, no?

goto radio shack and buy a switch, then hook up the 12V lead and a negative leg to the switch. hmm i forgot how to do this (i was a big switch guy back in the day) but i wouldnt even bother with that. all sunbeam ccfls come with an on/off switch. also mine is preaty *clears throat* "tricked out" with UV and what i have trouble with when sleeping is the noise. what helps is turning off the monitor. UV doesnt relaly affect the eyes. (infact it makes u sleepier)

ya, i just spent like $300 buying silent everything, so thats no big problem @.@ (probably wasted my money but its worth it not to have to hit a power button every night). Anyway, i do always turn my monitor off, but the cold cathodes will still be ringing, and i like it to be absolutely pitch black...

And does anyone have an answer to how to turn off the green lights on the mobo? If not im going in there with a screwdriver and breaking them... they are really getting on my nerves...

ic7-max3_sm.jpg

Well, theres the motherboard, see to the far left, that blue casing, the lights are under there.. so its going to be kinda hard, because whoever put the blue casing on stripped the screws REALLY bad... *stupid abit*... hmm we shall see