Silver Cooling Paste

AMD_Wannabe

I just put on a new layer of cooling paste and was wondering how long it should take for this to really kick in on my cooling, my load temps stay at 50 and my idle are at 49, it says that the casew temp is about 40, do these temps sound right or should this be a bit cooler

edit i think the temp sensors are screwed on the board

ive got fan blowing right on the board, right now its 27 room but still 50+ for cpu, on my old board i was in the mid 30s and 40 on idle/load

hmm, those temps are pretty high, ive heard that asus usually reads a few degrees below what it actually is too... which would mean your temp is actually a few degrees higher... hmm... it still works though, its not like 85 or something haha

It takes about 8.3 days for artic sliver to set in or 200 hours untill it starts to work at the fullest theres a form about written about this not to long ago. What you use for cooling?

(freeder found this)

"Important Reminder:

Due to the unique shape and sizes of the particles in Arctic Silver's conductive matrix, it will take a up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. (This period will be longer in a system without a fan on the heatsink or with a low speed fan on the heatsink.) On systems measuring actual internal core temperatures via the CPU's internal diode, the measured temperature will often drop 2C to 5C over this "break-in" period. This break-in will occur during the normal use of the computer as long as the computer is turned off from time to time and the interface is allowed to cool to room temperature. Once the break-in is complete, the computer can be left on if desired."