Setting The Multiplier To 10

I set my multiplier to 10 and my fsb to 220=2.2ghz...on my my unlocked amd 3200+ barton. I know it is better to have a lower multiplier and higher fsb, my bus speed is 441 mhz according to cpu-z...and my ram is at 220mhz. How high will I be able to get the FSB/Bus? I was running at 227x11.5......I am using a DFI Infinity and 2x512 OCZ pc3200...my timings right now are 2.5-3-3-6...I would have to get to 260fsb to reach the 2.6ghz again...is that even possible with a multilpier of 10?

I was using 11.5 but I read a thread that said the lower the multiplier and the higher the fsb the better it is...so I lowered it to 10...I just wanted to know the chances of me making it to 260x10....I know with intels it is possible and has been done...I don't wanna have to pump 2.0v into the chip to reach that speed...

Hey white i have a 3200xp as well and am trying to determine if its overclockable , what production date and numbers did you have on youre cpu, mine is 0321 for date and stepping code is aqxda, but i have been seeing that the barton 3200s are locked. I think after the 39th week of production. Just curios.

Your chipset and ram will be the limiting factors, but if you bump the chipset voltage up a little bit it will probably make it to 260 or so without any major problems, but I seriously doubt your pc3200 will make it much past 225 or so.

Hey white i have a 3200xp as well and am trying to determine if its overclockable , what production date and numbers did you have on youre cpu, mine is 0321 for date and stepping code is aqxda, but i have been seeing that the barton 3200s are locked. I think after the 39th week of production. Just curios.

My 3200 is the same...0321...I have had it to 2.71ghz but with a vcore of 1.90v which is just to high for me. It has ran at 11.5x228 for about 3 months with no problems at all...But you are right, anything past week 39 is locked...I was lucky enough to get an unlocked one as were you. As for my ram going over 225mhz...I have had it to 230mhz with no problems at all....just have to loosen the timings a bit... I think I am going to try for 260fsb...I doubt I will get there but it is worth a try...I think in the end my ram will limit me, I should be able to get to 235mhz with it....

hah hah hah very cool. I had problems at first with it because i bought incompatable memory but now i have corsairs twinx1024-3200c2pro so i should be able to have a little fun with it. I have read that its very overclockable, i will keep everyone posted to my progress. I am running it in an asus a7v880 wich is supposed to very nice for ocing as well, only time will tell.

Sweet now im getting excited, at first i thought i wouldnt be able to play at all with this cpu. But you have proved in my mind that i will, contrary to what almost everyone else has said to me. A huge thanks for comfirming that i can oc with this cpu. I will have to spread around this info , cause the opinions that i have had up till now all say it was locked, and the funny thing for me is that i just bought this cpu off ebay for 80.00.

On the 10X multi and PC3200...you won't get much higher than 220FSB 1:1. You'll need to run a divider to get any higher, and that negates using the 10X multi.

I think I need to try and clear something up here....

You don't necessarily have to run a 10X multi. The whole point of adjusting the multi, is so that you can your chip at its highest speed with the highest 1:1 ram speed.

Example: If your chip will do 2600MHz, but your RAM will only do 220MHz, then you want to find a multi that will allow you to run 220 x ? = 2600MHz. If your chip will do the same 2600MHz, but your RAM will do 260HTT, then you want to run a 10X multi and max the CPU and RAM out. 260 x 10 would be optimal...but for only that system.

I have had the ram to 230mhz on a 1:1 divider and it ran great, but I doubt I can get much higher but ya never know...this ram seems to overclock really well and I have had nothing but luck with it...But I think your right Nuc.....I am going to for go the 10x and go back to the 11.5x227....Thanks for the help!! :D