• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man...this thing is awesome.

I'm having lots of fun!

My favorite part....the cdrom drive. it's soo cool! 'where does it come from?'

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you have my condolences

:P JK, have fun with your new toy

idk about invidia but ATI doesnt support macs that well.. the drivers are ... i dont see a point in macs anymore.. pcs do everything better..

compare the top of the line computer:

3.4EE, ( dual/quad opterons)one of invidias quadro 6800 cards (or whatever theres is) , 2-4 gigs of pc-4000 ram... 20k SCSI drives, or 18k forgot the fastest rpm, a nice 21 inch lcd, or the 50-80 inchers ...(like 4 lcds combined , saw them somewhere forgot)..

would rape the hell out of a G5 any day..

thats in rendering. dont even bother with gaming on a g5

idk about invidia but ATI doesnt support macs that well.. the drivers are ... i dont see a point in macs anymore.. pcs do everything better..

compare the top of the line computer:

3.4EE, ( dual/quad opterons)one of invidias quadro 6800 cards (or whatever theres is) , 2-4 gigs of pc-4000 ram... 20k SCSI drives, or 18k forgot the fastest rpm, a nice 21 inch lcd, or the 50-80 inchers ...(like 4 lcds combined , saw them somewhere forgot)..

would rape the hell out of a G5 any day..

thats in rendering. dont even bother with gaming on a g5

too bad that costs about twice as much as a g5.

I was playing around at best buy with it and tehy seemed preaty nice. they need to make it more mainstream tho.

lol yeah, I was just gonna say.. something like that would likely cost a bomb (and some). The quadro's alone are like $1000 or something?! then you need the rest of it.

http://www.computerprices.co.uk/hardware/p...goryid=GR%5FAGP

More than I thought..

EDIT: I hear the (newer) Macs are largely superior to the i386, architecture wise, although I aint sure. I'd still like one to play with anyhow :) Have fun!

We use G5's here in our Creative dept for creating bodybuilding ads in fitness magazines and I must say that I am impressed with them. Nice choice man!

Man if MAC offers more games/programs on it. I would buy it. Intel and AMD will go dead... lol. And if they can sell Different cases for us "Modders" and MOBO lol.

so.........if MAC's were completely different.......THEN you'd buy one, right?

:D

Lets not bash macs eh, they are good for what they are. Being a design student they are certainly pretty helpful (plus they look good.. lol). My computer still seems a bit faster in fireworks though (we have G4's at uni,and some G5's getting the new imac G5's in january apparently.. mmmm)