Built By Ati 9800 Pro's

s4m

Best buy has the ati 9800 pro on sale for 199.99, and i was wondering if they had the r360 core in them? If so i may go down and get one since newegg doesn't have any msi's in stock (since last wed. :( )

btw i have a bestbuy coupon that will get me 12% off, but it runs out tommaro. so i need find out qick

Edited by s4m

My built by ATI 9800 Pro came with an r360. Ati tool said it had an r350, but i did a bios dump or w/e, then it said r360 when i opened it in notepad. I heard other people had ATI tool telling them that as well, so you may need to check for yourself.

i quess im saying should i go ahead and the the built by ati 9800pro from best buy (which will come out to be ~ 175 or wait until newegg gets the msi rx9800's in and order one of them? Any help will be greatly apprectiated.

ok, i think illl go pick it up tommaro when i get outta class :D

edit: but to make sure im doing the right thing, the msi rx9800pro isn't better than the built by ati one is it? (b/c ive heard that the msi's are just underclocked 9800xt, is this also true for the built by ati's

Edited by s4m

s4m, the r360 core is the 9800XT core, the difference now is the memory that they put on the card. The 9800XT comes with better memory, and the bios for the xt, the 9800 pro's come with 9800 pro bios, and worse memory. So they are underclocked 9800XT's but cannot be true 9800XT's because their memory isnt as good as the memory on the xt.

either way you won't go wrong even if its an r350 core like mine .I was all depressed it wasn't an r360 core but I slapped on a vga silencer some VANTEC ICEBERQ COPPER BGA RAMSINKS and I can oc my core to 428 and memory to 382 default is 378/338 ...nothing to sneeze at ;)