Some Help Please

virus

Hey everyone, I have been at this forum for a while now, but am just now being able to OC my 2600. So im sort of a noob at this.

Ok so far my latest stable OC was at 137 * 16 at 1.65 vcore. I have an unlocked chip so I pushed the multi up .5 so its at 16.5 * 137 with 1.70 Vcore, well it's stable enough to post and I am typing this with it at that setting but when I start up prime 95 the entire computer freezes.

So I have crappy 2100 ram which i have not yet uped the VDimm on it, however I have changed the timmings from 3-3-3-6 to 3-5-5-9, should I loosen them somemore? or should i give it some voltage?

Should I up my Vcore one more step and see if that helps, I thought for sure 1.70 would be enough for this OC. Maybe not?

Theres so many options on stuff I dont know were to begin. What do you OC experts suggest?

I would post a pic of CPUZ but Im afraid if I open photoshop my comp will die.

If i forgot anything just say something and are post it. Thanks

Parts are in Sig

well see I thought upping the multi only overclocks the chip and thats it, so I mean wouldent I get better performance if i lowered my fsb almost back to stock (133) and then just keep going up on the multi? or would i get better performance from doing what you just said? cause thats huge ratio.

or are you saying to try that and if that works then keep upping my multi? from that point

hey I just went to try that and noticed that 166 * 12.5 is almost the stock speed of my chip. stock is 2.1, thats 2.07

ok Im at 166 *13 right now at 1.65, with 4:5 divider. im starting prime 95 right now. Now should i continue to up multi or fsb?