Comp Won't Power Up

sandman1485

Well, I took apart my computer to put some AS5 on the CPU (AMD64) and some ceramique on the Northbridge (MSI K8N Platinum). When I removed the heatsink from the CPU it ripped the CPU out of the socket. I made a careful observation of the pins and none of them were damaged, so I sighed in relief. However, upon putting everything back in the case, I cannot power up my computer. The Power LED is lit for my case. The ONLY time the fan spun a bit was while I was removing it a second time to see if it would boot up out of the case. I heard a very very very high pitched buzz, that didn't last too long. I think powered up the computer, and the CPU fan spun at about 5RPM while the buzzing continued. I shut it down, plugged some stuff back into it hoping it was fixed, but no luck. So...I've tried everything I can tihnk of and I'm starting to think it might be my motherboard that's busted. Unless, ripping out that CPU did something...

The thermal paste that was on it created a bond. It was the stuff that came supplied with the XP-120 heatsink. I've tried booting up in every possible way. With cpu, without cpu. With ram, without ram. I think i've run out of ways to boot this computer...