New Machine

Parrothead

I just built a new machine using all new parts (except cdrom) and I can't get it to post. It just makes this very soft click every 5-6 seconds. I tried pulling the ram out and then it gives the normal beep codes for not having ram installed. I'm frustrated!! Any advice?

what board is it

i had this issue with my asus board

i just checked my wiring about 34059 times and went from there, once i hit the PSU on it did a 3 second power up then power down, hit the power switch and boom, good as they said it all to be

I tried two different (new) graphics cards... Predator MX440 GeForce 4 64MB and the second was XFX nVidia TnT2 64MB. I also tried the other RAM slot -- no luck there. My mobo is SOYO K7VME Socket A. I also tried clearing the CMOS a couple hundred times.

Any other suggestions?

Try the PSU, CPU, and Send back the soyo if possible get some other board soyo = :( ! maybe a FOXCON board if you need cheap if you can afford a little more albatron or gigbyte I prefer the later of two but if you can't return the board for a refun try RMAing it if the other solutions don't work and just because its new doesn't mean it works I have reviced doa parts before even from my favorite companies it happens so if all fails RMA it

Actually this is my second board from soyo. The first one gave me an error message and soyo just told me to return it and they would send out another. The first one I at least had running for two days. This one hasn't done anything! Could my cpu or my ram be bad?

When I switched psu's I neglected to make sure my power switch on my psu was on. That caused some fright for me. Besides that, check cpu in a different mb if you can. Test anything in different setups if possible. Also try disconnecting everything except ram/cpu/vid and try to boot. Try to touch a screw driver to the 2 pins that are used to power on the mb. ummm besides that rma again :=\

well do the lights go on.. do the fans start spinning.. ?? remove any PCI cards... sometimes a bad PCI card can interfear with the video cards ability to display.. ahh.. do you have the ATX power connector ON.. lol.. um.. make sure your clear cmos jumper is not set to clear the cmos..